Monday, June 8, 2009

Kingsburg Farmers Market

This week marked the start of the Kingsburg Farmers Market. It seems to be starting out slow, there were only about 4 vendors there, but the fresh produce is fantastic, I bought onions, garlic, yellow peaches, and some wonderfully sweet blackberries from a nice lady who runs a family farm on the King's River about 2 miles out of town. According to the organizer i talked to things should really get going in two weeks or so when the sweet corn harvest starts. Becky seemed very excited and told me how much she used to love eating the fresh roasted corn while walking downtown. I am excited more about the promise of boisenberrys though.

Here are a few snap shots I took. I'll do better next time, I'm still figuring out my new camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment