Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bargain Shopping

You know, eventualy, I plan to make this blog much more than a simple list of the things i do to fill my time, but at the moment, filling my boredom is a staggering prospect. I can't finish packing yet, we still need to live in our apartment for another 2 weeks or so. I'm not in school. I don't have a job. I dont have any friends here (in fact, this list is also the reasons we are moving). Thankfully, Becky finished her project early yesterday and she agreed to go shopping with me.

I've been wanting to take a trip to the Gotshalks
going out of buisnesssale for weeks now, but i've held back. Now that the sale is 60-80% off I decided to go, and did we ever score! The prize winning bargain as far as I am concerned was this pillow. I'm picky when it comes to pillows. I find most of them to be much to puffy. I purchased this jewel for $12. It is a king size, down-filled slice of heaven. I slept better last night than I have in ages. Now all I need is a larger pillow case...
Ever the clever gift buyer, i got my mother a KitchenAid baker's bowl set (bowl, spatula, whisk, measuring cups and spoons) for $10, and stick blender with food processor attachments for $25.

Meanwhile, Becky found this skirt and a nice pair
of soft denim jeans for $25 each. Altogether we spent just shy of a hundred bucks and got some very nice things. I must admit, that i will miss the Store being around though, it was one of the few places i could find shirts that were somewhere in between the gangster-tagger-teen crap that is so popular in men's fashion right now, and "grandpa goes golfing" styles you get at higher end department stores. But hey, there is always the internet...

No comments:

Post a Comment